Monday, May 5, 2014

Greetings Internet

So this is it,  my first blog post !

I guess I'll start by what I am looking for: 

I’m looking for my readers, the readers who are also adoptive parents who can understand my struggles, accomplishments, who have yet had any children of their own, and aha moments with my adopted children. Who I can bring resources, relief, and encouragement to. I want you to know what you are going through you are not alone, I can relate with you and we can overcome these obstacles together.  I’ll happily send a free short story to anyone who joins the mailing list.

I’m looking to learn from my readers as well as my readers learning from me. I want as much feedback as possible. I’m taking blog comments this way then I will  able to keep up with your thoughts, questions, or concerns.  It would be easy for me to stay within my comfort zone. But I believe no good artist does this, and I believe that hearing from you guys is the best way for me to keep on improving.

I’m looking to make a community. I want my readers to be able to speak to one another and to connect with other adoptive parents. I hope a community will grow on this blog, and also on the social media sites, I am using Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

So in short, I’m looking for you, the person on the other side of the screen. My experiences are nothing without people who reads it, and I cannot grow nearly as fast without the energy and passion of the readers. You rock! It’s that simple. So as I gaze into the internet, mouse hovering over ‘post blog,’ I feel like I’m calling out, ‘where are you?’ I can't wait to hear from you :)

P.S. at times I will also post videos and pictures to my blog :) 

12 comments:

  1. Vanessa, I'm not an adoptive parent but I've raised three (3) children (two girls and a boy) and let me tell you it was an adventure in parenting and life as a whole!!(LOL) My children are all grown now and my two girls have children of their own and as a proud grand parent I now laugh when I watch them raised their kids, remembering when they were young and how much hell they sometimes were!!(LOL) I'm honored to have had the opportunity to raise children to become productive young adults so if there is any advice I can offer please feel free to call upon me and/or Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you please follow my journey through blogging as an adoptive mother and your feedback is very appreciative...... Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, congratulations on becoming an adoptive parent. I can only imagine the different challenges you have endured. I applaud you for what you have done and I hope that your blog will inspire others to follow in your footsteps.


    James Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you James Johnson and I do too hope that this blog will inspire other adoptive mothers out there..... Keep a look out on my blogs for new postings Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vanessa!!! I am so proud of you love!!!! As an adopted child, I am eager to see things from the perspective of an adoptive parent by reading your blog.... can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Giovantia I am so happy to hear that you are eager to see things from the perspective as an adoptive parent by reading my blogs!!! Please Keep a look out on my blogs for new postings..... Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Vanessa, you're doing a very great job so far. You're so inspiring beyond words, and it shows within your everyday actions. I myself do not have any kids that I've adopted, but I feel like when I step into a classroom as an educator, my students are the responsibility as if they were my own. You're a blessing to the world to be able to take on a role that was optional, and not mandatory. And now look, you're branching out on faith to show the world, as well as let the world show you that their day to day endeavors of adopting are worthy of knowing,showing, and growing. I'm definitely rooting for you and your success. The passion and faith that you posses are two of the main ingredients on why you'll never truly fail at something, even if the outcome isn't what you've expected. Your beautiful girls are lucky to have you, and vice versa. Again, great job and much success. Nikki' C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Nikki, your comment has blessed me and please travel with me through this journey as an adoptive mother on my Blog. Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new family. I am very excited about your blog. I am an adoptive parent of two girls as well. And I must say, only God made it possible for me to become a parent. Well wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Eyvonne for your comment. I am so happy to hear from a fellow adoptive mother. We both can learn from each other and be that support system for one another as well. Please continue to follow my blog as I journey through being an adoptive mother. God bless you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Vanessa and congratulations on such a wonderful achievement. I am not an adoptive mother though I am encouraged to take your challenge and become more involved. I will continue to follow your blog and this journey. Thank you for following your Faith and being a Blessing to so many!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tashara G. I am happy to hear that you will take your challenge and be more involved and most of all you will continue to follow my blog. I am very thankful to hear that:) God bless you

    ReplyDelete