Friday, May 23, 2014

My Ten Year Old Daughter's Night Terrors

This blog is quite different and it will be short. I am in need of HELP with my daughter night terrors. Terrifying and gut wrenching don't begin to describe the what seemed like endless nights of night terrors that we are having with our 10 year old daughter. My daughter has night terrors at least 3 to 4 times a week. She wakes up periodically throughout the night screaming, kicking and thrashing. She also has full conversations in her sleep. The fact that I am a very light sleeper, it scares me so much that I jump out of my bed and run to her room and I wake her up. When I wake her up she wakes up completely out of it and I either play gospel music or relaxing music in her room. At times she will go back to sleep peacefully or it will start again.  Her baby sister also tries to comfort her but it scares her too. When I ask her what happens she has no recollection of her episode. I did some research and went to read her file I discovered when being in the shelter she had these same episodes but she use to sleep walk but she has yet to sleep walk with me. It takes me a long time to go back to sleep because I am worried about her :(

She has a strict bed time, her bed time is at 9:00pm , So I honestly do not know what triggers her night terrors. Please help me with this issue I am having with my daughter. . Have you all experienced this with your own children? I am open to hear any suggestions that you all may have concerning the "Night Terrors"............. Thank you in advance for helping me with this issue.

8 comments:

  1. IT MAYBE SOMETHING IN HER PAST THAT IS BRINGING OLD BAD MEMORIES. IF SHE CANT TELL YOU WHAT IT IS, BAHAMIANS SAY A DEAD PERSON OR A PERSON GETTING READY TO PASS OR HAS ALREADY PASSED CAN BE HAGGING HER, IN OTHER WORDS BOTHERING HERE IN HER SLEEP. TRY TIEING SOMETHING BLACK OVER HER BED HEAD AND LEAVING PSALMS 91 OPEN ON HER NIGHT STAND EVERY NIGHT. I WILL CONFIRM WITTH MY GRAMMY THAT ITS 91, BUT THAT IS ALSO SOMETHING YOU NEED TO PRAY OUT YOUR HOUSE AND THAT FEAR OUT OF HER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadia for commenting on my blog. I do agree with you that her night terrors are bringing up bad memories from her past. Thank you for your advice concerning this matter

      Delete
  2. Hello cousin Vanessa, I would definitely agree that there is something in her past, also I would note that there are evil spirits involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cousin Rennie for commenting on my blog. Thank you for your advice concerning this matter. You have bought clarity to this situation as well. Thank you again and God Bless

      Delete
    2. ALL U NEED TO DO,IS PRAY WITH HER EVERYTIME SHES ABOUT TO SLEEP AND TRUST ME GOD WILL HELP U WITH THAT ISSUE

      Delete
    3. Amanda Russo I will do just that.... Thank you so much for responding to my blog.

      Delete
  3. She could just be reliving some trauma from the past. Keep doing what you are doing. Over time these will probably pass as she has more positive and loving experiences to reflect on. However right now when she slips into the unconscious state these past experiences resurface.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Faith didn't see it that way, thank you so much for your input and advice. I will continue to be positive and loving to my daughter. I will keep you updated on this matter, thank you again Faith....

      Delete